So after my own experience I could find few prominent reasons behind this whole drama and thought of sharing them with you so that those who are getting married or will get married can take appropriate precautions.
Note : I am considering Indian ladies particularly because I feel in India people show their love through Food. That is my view point, do you have any idea if even people abroad stuff their guests with the food until they die ??
1. Workout before Marriage: Brides to be want to look perfect on their D-Day, hence they join the best possible gym and go on crash diets.But as soon as they tie the bond, they forget about the gym and their diet gets back to normal in-fact more than normal. So what do you think will happen ? Instant weight gain and you think marriage made you fat, think again.
Solution: Continue working out at-least 3 times a week. If you are still figuring out a gym nearby ask your husband for help or best start working out at home only. Also, eat everything you want but in MODERATION. Gobble a complete ice cream bowl or half of it but the taste will remain only for few seconds and calories will stay longer.Eating half of ice cream gives you taste, satisfies your craving and you put on much less calories, WIN-WIN situation.So choice is yours.
2. Over-stuffing: One very common reason behind marriage weight is lunches and dinners you are invited to. You are made to eat everything on the table and finish it off till last bite. It becomes difficult for you to say NO as people feel if you say no to food they made with “their own hands” you are saying NO to their love.
Solution: Attend all the events you are invited to but learn to say NO politely. Do not over-stuff yourself at any cost. When served cold drink ask for lemon water, I am sure nobody would mind that and if they do “DONT CARE”
3. Access to be out Late Night: Now that you have access to go out late night with your husband you do not miss a single chance for late night parties, dinners or movies (which again is accompanied by late night hogging of food) which makes your life sound very cool and happening but with it comes the belly. Late night munching is the main cause of growing belly. But again you ignore it because its time to have fun.
Solution: Enjoy this access as much as you can but do not ignore your tummy. Dance, party, go for movie, enjoy as much as you want but enjoy the company of your partner and not food.Do not link food with enjoyment.
4. Vacations and Holidays: With marriage comes the honeymoon, outings and vacations. All your focus is set on enjoying your vacations completely (read : hog onto everything unhealthy) hence, the holiday weight.
Solution: Indulgence is uncontrollable when you are out since you do not have access to homemade food. But you have fruits, smoothies, lemon water, green tea, grilled vegetables, salads etc. Though they are not completely fat free but they are healthy and do not have any empty calories. Choose what you put in your mouth wisely.
5. Change in Lifestyle: With entry into a new house your complete lifestyle changes. Your sleeping habits, your eating habits etc etc. You tend to adapt yourself the way your in laws are. If everybody eats late you eat late with them, if everyone is eating something unhealthy you follow and the moment you object something, you hear this line from your family members “this is how it is going on for years or this is how everyone likes it”
Solution: Stick to your own rules. Do not follow blindly. Again, learn to say NO. if you find something unhealthy say NO to that even if your family members consume it you should not. Follow what you believe in and slowly and steadily even they will. After all you cannot change their habits in single day(:p). Also, have early dinner even if everyone else eats late at night, you can always accompany them later on dinner table with some chit chat.
Every moment can be enjoyed without food. EAT TO LIVE, DO NOT LIVE TO EAT.
~Live Love Laugh ~