I won’t say I really worked hard and it is the reason I had a normal pregnancy and delivery. I think everyone out there works hard and no body wants stitches on their stomach or go for a operation. I believe for a 100% normal delivery and pregnancy, doctors play a vital role with 30 percent, 20% credit should go to yourself and rest 50% to God. Yes, seriously even when everything goes normal one ends up with C-section. It is all destiny but we do have some part to play to keep our hopes high. Play your part and leave rest to Doctors and God.
During my pregnancy I did follow some do’s and dont’s which I am sharing below but before that I want to give suggestion Always consult a Doctor you have trust and faith in. You should be comfortable to talk about anything to her/him. Also, the doctor should have sufficient time to listen to every bit that you say. I followed every instruction given by my doctor to the T. I trusted and have complete faith in doctor to whom I was consulting. I could talk anything to her and despite being super busy she listened to me very patiently and answered all my stupid questions. Also, for all those who want to know I consulted Dr. Vaneet Kaur and if you live in Ludhiana or nearby I highly suggest her.
Coming back to my Do’s and Don’ts during pregnancy:
- Avoid Ajinomotto.
- Avoid Sugar Free Stuff
- Avoid fried stuff if you have nausea
- Eat light dinner to avoid puking
- Have something every 2 hours.
- Have lots of water
- Do not eat for two, have sufficient enough to satisfy your hunger.
- I had junk food whenever I craved for it but in controlled portions.
- I had lots of coconut water which I have in my daily routine now as well.
- One fruit has become part of my routine too
- Rest as much as your body needs. Your body is working hard. Take care of it well.
- Obey your parents they have the best advice for you.
What I did in quest for a normal delivery:
- Walked in my last two months for at-least half an hour daily. I divided the shifts in 15mins each because that was the max I could walk at a stretch.
- I had milk with desi ghee.
- I had home made nuts ladoo.
- I mopped the floor of my room everyday in my 9th month.
I do not know if these have any impact on normal delivery or not but this is what I followed and I think have helped me in some way.Most of all try and enjoy this time. Enjoy all the pampering and love showered on you. It won’t come back.
~Live Love Laugh~